vendredi 31 mai 2019

Hours: Number of Days/Hours Worked and Short Notice Schedule

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: North Carolina

I work in NC but my employer is based in PA. I am salaried employee.

My first year worked my employer made it mandatory we work weekends. Not only did we work weekends but they would not give us days off. I worked 3 straight weeks, had illness and returned to work 3 days later to work another two straight weeks. Out of some of these days I worked several long hour days, one day was a full 24 hours. There have been several times where I have worked at least 16 straight hours. We don’t have scheduled breaks mainly because our job is basically sitting around waiting for other people to finish their work. My question is working this much legal... and without compensation regardless of salary?? I’ve been with the company 5 years and they had stopped that practice, probably to my assumption there was a class action lawsuit against my employer. I did not join. Now I think they are trying to bring back mandatory weekends. I sent an email refusing to work weekends, can I be terminated for this?

Also I was hired to work in sc and nc. My schedules are never consistent and usually short notice. Max notice I get is 3 days if I’m lucky. As of recently they have been sending me to other states with very short notice leaving me 1-2 days to prepare. I’ve also been asked to cancel my pto in order to fly to other states for work. My mental health and physical health I feel like is deteriorating quickly but I have no option to but to work due one income household and medics bills. I feel like I’m running out of options.


Hours: Number of Days/Hours Worked and Short Notice Schedule

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire