mercredi 29 mai 2019

Employer Refuses to Pay My Aunt, W4 Employment

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: New York based company, employee lives in New Jersey.

My aunt reached out to me for help. She worked for a few months for a NYC based employer as a pattern-maker, on location. Looking at the paperwork she gave me, there is a W4 form there. Company let her go 3-4 weeks ago, telling her that there is no work for her and company may possibly be going bankrupt. Over the phone, owner promised to pay her the remaining 1 week salary, however, after multiple attempts to collect when my aunt finally went to the office to ask for her paycheck, owner harassed her by screaming in her face that the work she did for him actually was all wrong and he lost business because of it. Now, I call B.S. on that as he just needed a reason to avoid paying a little over $1,000.

Other than taking him to a small claims court, what are her other options to collect?

Thank you.


Employer Refuses to Pay My Aunt, W4 Employment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire