mardi 28 mai 2019

Penalty for Falsifying a Nys Inspection

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New York

My parents bought a car from a small dealership. The car was an absolute lemon (my question isn't about lemon law.) The day before the sale went through, the dealership performed a NYS inspection and passed it. My parents had immediately noticed that something felt off while driving it. They took it to their private mechanic who found a lot wrong with it. The car had so much wrong they strongly recommended my parents not even drive it the two miles home. They said it failed about 90% of the NYS safety inspection. The dealer absolutely should not have passed it in that condition.

Without boring everybody with the dramatic background we've had with this dealer, I am angry and want them to pay. I'm planning on filing a complaint with the DMV for falsifying an inspection. What is the penalty for this? I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or if something will actually come of the complaint.

While this is definitely all out of spite on my end, I'd like to add that the car is so unsafe that my parents could have been badly injured, if not killed, driving it. And whomever did the inspection knew that. Based on past dealings with them, I would highly doubt that this was their first time doing this. Somebody needs to step in and do something. I don't want to see this happen to anybody else.


Penalty for Falsifying a Nys Inspection

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire