jeudi 1 octobre 2015

Student Discipline: Punishing for Social Media

My question involves education law in the State of: Texas

I made the mistake ok capturing a still photo(selfie) of myself in my high school parking lot, with a dos Equis can in my hand, the mess up comes when I post it to my Instagram Sunday evening.
School admins found out about it. Called me in Monday, and talked to me, so far I have admitted to only 2 things. Yes it is me in the picture, and yes I'm in front of the school with an empty beer can(I'm not kidding it really was empty).
I so far have been assigned 3 days of out of school suspension and 30 days in a district alternative education program. Soley based on their assumption the can had alcohol. And I might add they had finalized their decision on punishment, long before my hearing to defend myself. Papers were already typed out for them.
In me and my parents attempt to fight this what we think is overly harsh punishment we have argued and questioned how me this situation is any different than the drug dog busting someone with an empty can in the bed of their truck on campus?(this happened last year, kid had multiple cans and only received 3 days ISS) my super Intendents response is "well it's in your hand" but as far as I know the law states that you are fully responsible and in possession of anything in or on your personal vehicle?
Am i correct? Do I have ground to stand on here? How much does my school have to stand on?

ps. My parents are livid, my vice principle has lied to my mom twice now concerning this situation and the super Intendents is backing her up, along with avoiding in tough questions my parents ask.


Student Discipline: Punishing for Social Media

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire