jeudi 1 octobre 2015

Garnishment and Execution: How to Levy Against Bank Accounts or Wages

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: PA

So I've contacted attorneys for direction, and I'm told its not worth paying them to represent me considering the amount of money I'm seeking from my former tenant. However, I am trying to complete the process of getting payment from her.

She was evicted for nonpayment of rent. She owes me approx. 1800. I received judgment for possession and money owed. She has since been evicted. I was told I needed to file an order of execution for the money owed. This was done and served to her. I was told I needed to wait 30 days before I could levy bank accounts and garnish wages. This period has passed as well.

I have called to confirm her bank, and I have her employer information. This is where I am stuck..what do I do next?? An attorney told me that her bank "will have their own form I need to complete in order to levy her account". Her bank (Wells Fargo), said they have no form, that this "form" would come from my attorney. My attorney also told me to go to the courthouse law library to find what I need. However, when I called the law library, they told me they do not distribute forms for what I need...

I am in the same situation for garnishing her wages. Is there a specific form or court document I need to present to her bank and employers? I have completed all appropriate court steps as far as I understand, however I cannot seem to find direction on how to finalize the garnishing and levying process...thank you


Garnishment and Execution: How to Levy Against Bank Accounts or Wages

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire