jeudi 1 octobre 2015

Recovery of Premises: Property Was Treated as Abandoned Despite an Order for Storage

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Indiana

Short version: I was thrown out of residence with about 40 hours notice and without funds. The judge ordered that possessions were to be stored (in facility). "Buyer" only placed some of possessions into storage. I was notified that there were possessions at the residence and was allowed to get some. There was a dumpster on the premises containing some of my and my children's possessions and I was notified that some of possessions (such as mufflers I was ticketed for not having) had been given to scrappers. I was able to take pictures of many of the possessions that remained in the residence. Much of the stuff in storage was junk,things like empty VHS cases. I protested to the court immediately that I wanted my (our) possessions that were still in the residence but the attorney claimed (motioned?)they were "abandoned" and the judge concurred. I'm a bit confused, as the judge ORDERED them put into storage and it was apparent that far less than half were placed in storage, and the "buyer" was able to pick and choose what went and what to keep. I was not allowed to speak more than about a sentence at the eviction hearing. "Buyer" is relative to ex; house was not sold per divorce orders but rather through engineered sheriff sale. What is proper response to such a situation (regarding personal possessions)? Thanks in advance for information/guidance.


Recovery of Premises: Property Was Treated as Abandoned Despite an Order for Storage

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire