mercredi 20 janvier 2016

Prison: Jail and Prison, Reinventing the Wheel, Rights Lawsuits, Keeping Disability, Internet

My question involves criminal law for the state of: All of them.

I have heard that it is common for jails and prisons to ignore case law requiring them to do things and make prisoner take them to court over everything. For example, I know particular books have to be in the prison library but I heard if you sue to get the books in the library as soon as the guy that sued leaves they take those books out and anyone that wants them has to sue again.

Is there a list of case law and statutory law compiling all the rights and such a prisoner would have to make it easier to assert them?

Can you sue for extra penalties if the prison/jail really should have known better?

If I am worried about going to prison and I know a prison is not obeying the law, is that enough standing to sue or do I have to get a prisoner and help them sue?

My view is a person should be able to keep their disability. Revoking it is a denial of right to property because a lot of disabled people that go to prison loose all their personal property and or real property because they don't have money to maintain it. Has anyone ever won this? Does it have merit?

Has anyone ever won the right to internet/cellphone in jail/prison? I heared one guy one the right to "have" it, but the jail/prison was not obligated to provide electrical power and either the walls were too thick or they were jamming it. I have the ability to engineer what is needed to get through the walls and power it with a hand crank if I can establish a right to do so.

What if a church needs/requires a person to fill its mission and needs that person to be available A LOT by phone internet?
What about internet for legal research?

Is there any place that says what rights you keep and what you loose (especially constitutional?).

The limited visiting times seem like a violation of my freedom of association if I want to visit a prisoner.

Anything else?


Prison: Jail and Prison, Reinventing the Wheel, Rights Lawsuits, Keeping Disability, Internet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire