My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia
As a roof salesman, I connected a homeowner with a contractor to perform roof work. I am not an employee of the contractor, nor do I have any written agreement with the contractor. The homeowner and I both signed a scope of work 'invoice', which I would consider is the 'contract', outlining the costs of materials and labor, and future obligations of annual maintenance, labor warranty.The agreement states to make out all checks to the contractor, not me. The contractor has performed some of the work, but has stopped any communication with me and the homeowner for well over 30 days, and the property owner is having water leaks from the roof.The homeowner has paid an initial deposit to the contractor (based in Colorado). The homeowner is agreeable to my finishing the project, for the remaining funds, but does not want to void the terms of the initial agreement.While I am morally committed to remedy this dilemma, am I legally liable because I signed the agreement ? What is the homeowners proper approach to dissolving the agreement with the contractor, so that I can move forward and finish this project?
Thanks
As a roof salesman, I connected a homeowner with a contractor to perform roof work. I am not an employee of the contractor, nor do I have any written agreement with the contractor. The homeowner and I both signed a scope of work 'invoice', which I would consider is the 'contract', outlining the costs of materials and labor, and future obligations of annual maintenance, labor warranty.The agreement states to make out all checks to the contractor, not me. The contractor has performed some of the work, but has stopped any communication with me and the homeowner for well over 30 days, and the property owner is having water leaks from the roof.The homeowner has paid an initial deposit to the contractor (based in Colorado). The homeowner is agreeable to my finishing the project, for the remaining funds, but does not want to void the terms of the initial agreement.While I am morally committed to remedy this dilemma, am I legally liable because I signed the agreement ? What is the homeowners proper approach to dissolving the agreement with the contractor, so that I can move forward and finish this project?
Thanks
Non-Performance and Breach: Non-Performance and Breach
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire