jeudi 21 janvier 2016

Collection Lawsuits: Moved Out of Country and Am Being Sued by Credit Card Company a Year Later

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Nevada

I have been living outside the USA for a little over a year now. the person living at my previous address in the states (which is the most updated address for this credit card) got a complaint and summons for me for a lawsuit against me from a credit card company that I did not pay off. They did not accept the summons and took no papers or anything that was suppose to be given to me. I looked online to see what kind of case this was because they had no information on it and found out it was from my old credit card. My question is, what am I suppose to do at this point? I don't even live in the county anymore, can they sue me? I have no assets in the country. Also, since I never personally received the summons does that mean that they can't sue me? Should I contact the credit and inform them that I don't live in the country anymore? And if the lawsuit is filed and I am told I must pay.. Does that mean they will garnish my wages if I do come back to the country? And how long can they garnish my wages for? Like what if I came back after 10 years? Would they start it 10 years later?


Collection Lawsuits: Moved Out of Country and Am Being Sued by Credit Card Company a Year Later

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire