About a month ago I uploaded a number of inappropriate posts to Facebook. To compete with my friends I'd upload photos with wads of cash, or status' boasting about the number of girls I'd been with. I would sometimes go to the bank to take out huge sums of cash and boast about how rich I was. I wrote a number of crude status', boasting about seeing prostitutes, and making references to anal sex. Reflecting back I can't believe how stupid I was posting the things I did, but at the time I thought it was funny, showing off made me feel powerful, at a time in my life where I had very little else having just lost my job.
My legal question is this, how lucky was I/am I not to be facing any kind of legal action. Would someone have had to report one of my posts/photos for me to potentially face any legal action? I'm aware there's a huge amount of crude stuff on the internet, so am I over-thinking this issue and was I in fact never in any danger of facing legal trouble?
Is there a line between indecency, and violating the law online? If so, what is it where i'm based in England (Birmingham)-and if I did cross it am I lucky not to have been in serious trouble?
Thanks! Sam
My legal question is this, how lucky was I/am I not to be facing any kind of legal action. Would someone have had to report one of my posts/photos for me to potentially face any legal action? I'm aware there's a huge amount of crude stuff on the internet, so am I over-thinking this issue and was I in fact never in any danger of facing legal trouble?
Is there a line between indecency, and violating the law online? If so, what is it where i'm based in England (Birmingham)-and if I did cross it am I lucky not to have been in serious trouble?
Thanks! Sam
Harassment: Can You be Prosecuted for Making Crude Posts to Facebook
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire