My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: michigan
Ok so last night I rear ended someone while pulling up to a stop light. I estimate hit her at very low speed as I was already coming to a stop. We both pulled over and inspected the damage. Her rear bumper was stratched and there was also a bracket around her license plate that was loose. No other damage noted on her car upon visual inspection. My car got the worst of it with damage to the hood, but again nothing more than minor. We exchanged numbers and i gave her my insurance and drivers license information. We did not take pictures and I did not get her information. She said she was ok after the accident and we both agreed not to report it or file a police report because the damage is minor and I told her I would pay for the repairs. Once I returned home and realized I didnt take a picture I texted her and ask for a picture of the damage. She has yet to send me one. My question is with her not providing me a picture of the damage despite my request (which I am confident was only paint stractches and minor bumper issue) as well as her not providing me her insurance information what should i do to protect myself from her changing her story? Either by saying she is now hurt or that the damage to her car is more extensive. What am I liable for if anything? I was told that because we both drove away from the scene and no report was filed that I am not legally responsible for anything. I dont mind paying for the repairs and she said she would provide an estimate for me, but I want to make sure I am covered in all areas. Thanks for your input.
Ok so last night I rear ended someone while pulling up to a stop light. I estimate hit her at very low speed as I was already coming to a stop. We both pulled over and inspected the damage. Her rear bumper was stratched and there was also a bracket around her license plate that was loose. No other damage noted on her car upon visual inspection. My car got the worst of it with damage to the hood, but again nothing more than minor. We exchanged numbers and i gave her my insurance and drivers license information. We did not take pictures and I did not get her information. She said she was ok after the accident and we both agreed not to report it or file a police report because the damage is minor and I told her I would pay for the repairs. Once I returned home and realized I didnt take a picture I texted her and ask for a picture of the damage. She has yet to send me one. My question is with her not providing me a picture of the damage despite my request (which I am confident was only paint stractches and minor bumper issue) as well as her not providing me her insurance information what should i do to protect myself from her changing her story? Either by saying she is now hurt or that the damage to her car is more extensive. What am I liable for if anything? I was told that because we both drove away from the scene and no report was filed that I am not legally responsible for anything. I dont mind paying for the repairs and she said she would provide an estimate for me, but I want to make sure I am covered in all areas. Thanks for your input.
Determination of Fault: How to Keep Somebody from Changing Their Story After an Accident
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire