samedi 23 janvier 2016

Criminal Law Issues: If I Lose the Trial, Will I Be Deported from This Country

I am now charged with a domestic assault/misdemeanor, based on the false statement of my wife. I must say I was actually the victim.

I want to go to the trial to get the no guilty result, but my attorney said this is a good case for our side and we should try to get a good deal.

I know, if I go to trial, I may win or lose. But I still want to go to the trial to get the no guilty result. I have just got my green card.

My wife also got her green card through me, one month later than I got the card, but rightly after the incident.

For the worst case, if I lose the trial, will I be deported from this country?
1. If I would be deported, would I still have time to finish my divorce and something else like selling my house? I am now waiting for the pretrial. I have not yet started the divorce process.
2. If I would not be deported, what would be the negative impact on my immigration status?


Criminal Law Issues: If I Lose the Trial, Will I Be Deported from This Country

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire