samedi 23 janvier 2016

Does Weather Actually Kill People

First off.....I'M BACK! Took a 'net hiatus for quite some time.



Watching the blizzie stuff this morning, I've been getting harassed by one of my big pet-peevies.

Years of (unofficial) research has led me to the foregone, and quite logical, conclusion that weather does indeed kill people at times. Like about maybe 0.125% of the time.

The rest of the times that the headline portrays the weather as the "killer" it is actually the individual(s) making stupid choices that kills their dumb asses! Snow pretty much kills with avalanches and the like...give or take a few extenuating circumstance(s).

Dimbulbs reacting inappropriately to conditions is what snuffs/injures/inconveniences their goofy selves. I'm not saying that doing unsafe stuff in unsafe conditions, like thinking your cool SUV, which is shown on commercials doing all kinda "super" cool things in the snow, is gonna get ya through the worst Ma Nature throws atcha......

......but what does one expect when doing highway speeds in the snow? Once an object is in motion, regardless of fancy any-damn-thing, you're not immune by ANY stretch of the imagination from any/all of the Laws Of Physics.

Conditions didn't 'victimize' your stupid self, your stupid decisions did!

Let me reinforce my theory: It's directly proportionate that the inability to keep your (moving) vehicle's windows defogged/defrosted is indicative of your inability to operate said vehicle in crap conditions. It's also directly proportionate that the fancier tha SUV, the decision-making paradigm leans towards the inaccurate presumption of some sorta "invincibility".

Last Tuesday my 'hood had a 2-4" snow. The amount of idiots getting themselves into idiotic predicaments was pretty substantial! In some cases, fatal!!! As callous as this seems, I can't help but think the stupids contributed to thinning the herd. Too bad some had already probably reproduced.

The only time I've ever had an inadvertent off-highway experience was when I didn't have 4WD engaged when I should have. Pulling it into 4WD got me out without assistance.....but I never did that again.....and that was 29 years ago.


Does Weather Actually Kill People

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire