vendredi 13 avril 2018

13 Year Old Daughter Wants to Live with Mom

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New York

I have joint custody of my 3 girls with my ex. He has placement. My middle child doesn't want to live with her father any longer and hasn't for a few years but I've been afraid to take him to court for it. I have PTSD and I'm a recovering drug addict. I have been clean for 2 yrs and it was something i did on my own. It wasn't court ordered. I do not have a criminal record.
The only reason that my daughters do not live with me anymore is because around 7 yrs ago I was ignorant and thought that because their father was financially stable and has the martial residence that my girls should live with him. Even though i won in a nasty custody battle where CASA wasnt going to give him unsupervised visitations until he completed parenting classes. Iys2 the biggezt mistake of mylife.
I was not in to drugs at that time. My addiction did not start until years after when I was involved in an attempted murder suicide.

My question is this: At what age in NY can a child choose where they want to live? Their father has text messages of me saying negative things to my daughter about him. but in context the things I said were to help her understand that her depression wasn't her fault. Well maybe some are out of anger too (haha). But I have documented years of him alienating me from the girls and his live in girlfriend talking bad about me to the girls. The GF telling My youngest that I'm a liar and I don't really care about her. He also doesn't follow our vision schedule and I've never violated him in fear of him retaliating. He is a bully and has always been emotionally psychologically and verbally abusive.
My daughter is severely depressed living there and he would never just let her come live with me. He is too worried about child support and how it might make him look.

Any advice comments concerns will be so helpful. I am worried about her and I want to do this for her but I'm afraid. Im afraid that the judge would deny the request based on my history and the text messages between my daughter and i. Thank you


13 Year Old Daughter Wants to Live with Mom

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire