My question involves police conduct in the State of: california
Ok so the story is the following: a few days ago I get a voice mail from the police department saying that there is an officer by my car who wants to speak to me. I heard this voice mail late, and once I got Tommy car there was no one there. One day after it I get a text from someone who claims that i bumped into his car when parking, but he is not gonna do anything about it. I never bumped into any cars, so I was confused and asked him what made him think that I did it. He said something about seeing my car parked less than an inch from his car and that I had black color on one of my incense plate screws(which I checked and it is NOT true). So long story short this person was convinced that I bumped into his car(even though there is 0 evidence of that), he called the police, the police came and somehow ran my vehicle number in their system, found my phone number somehow, tried to call me and eventually gave my number to the guy claimed I hit his car in case he will need it for "insurance purposes". Does that sound legitimate?? Can the police give my personal details to a complete stranger claims I bumped into his car even though that there's absolutely no evidence to back up his claim?? What if this guy was a stalker or some kind of sick person or something who was trying to get to me? I think this is a severe invasion of privacy. Please let me know what do you guys think
Thanks
Ok so the story is the following: a few days ago I get a voice mail from the police department saying that there is an officer by my car who wants to speak to me. I heard this voice mail late, and once I got Tommy car there was no one there. One day after it I get a text from someone who claims that i bumped into his car when parking, but he is not gonna do anything about it. I never bumped into any cars, so I was confused and asked him what made him think that I did it. He said something about seeing my car parked less than an inch from his car and that I had black color on one of my incense plate screws(which I checked and it is NOT true). So long story short this person was convinced that I bumped into his car(even though there is 0 evidence of that), he called the police, the police came and somehow ran my vehicle number in their system, found my phone number somehow, tried to call me and eventually gave my number to the guy claimed I hit his car in case he will need it for "insurance purposes". Does that sound legitimate?? Can the police give my personal details to a complete stranger claims I bumped into his car even though that there's absolutely no evidence to back up his claim?? What if this guy was a stalker or some kind of sick person or something who was trying to get to me? I think this is a severe invasion of privacy. Please let me know what do you guys think
Thanks
Can the Police Give My Phone Number to a Stranger
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire