dimanche 24 janvier 2016

Speeding Tickets: Should I Fight This Speeding Ticket, Do I Have a Chance

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
Citing agency: CHP
Road type: two lane country road, curvy with up and down elevation
Speed limit: 55mph

I received a speeding ticket this morning coming home from work in the foot hills of the Central Valley. On the way home, I saw a white SUV with a vehicle in front on the turn out lane shoulder, parked. As I got closer, the vehicle in front made a u turn causing me to slow down. As I passed, I then saw the white SUV with the star and CHP marking on the door, I realized it had just finished citing the car in front of it. I was pulled over, the officer asked for my information and I gave it. The officer comes back, hands me my information and a ticket for speeding. I looked at the ticket and he wrote me for 65 in a 55 zone. I asked the officer what was his method of determining my speed, he answered radar. I then asked him how fast did the radar clocked me, the officer hesitated, then said 78. I asked to verify the radar reading but was denied and told to just sign the ticket. I signed the ticket and got on my way. I was going the speed limit and not 78 or 65. I felt that he pulled me over and cited me because he had a hunch that i was speeding. Do I have a chance or should I just suck it up, pay the fine, and go to traffic school. Any thoughts from the forum would be great, thanks.


Speeding Tickets: Should I Fight This Speeding Ticket, Do I Have a Chance

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire