My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA
County: Stockton
Child support order: existing with $0.
Child custody order: none
My girl friend and I separated, she got married, moved to Texas with my son, and now wants child support. After my girl friend and I separated, we have a California child support order of $0. Stupid me at the time, in trusting in our agreement, I did not pursue child custody. When she got married (2 years ago) and decided to take my son to Texas, she never consulted me as the father of what's best for our son, she informed me on the day she was leaving (Facebook message). Stupid me again to not pursue child custody while my son and her was still a resident of California, we Facebook chatted and said she will relieve me of my financial obligation as a father, just as long as I let her be and take my son, so I agree to try to be a civil parent for the best interest of our son. Now she wants to modify the child support order to collect money because she has another child, no job, on the system, and her husband barely makes enough. On the other hand, I have a career, got on with my life, and is financially secure. Am I doomed with no hope and at the mercy of the child support system with her in a advantage? Any advice from the forum will be great, thanks.
County: Stockton
Child support order: existing with $0.
Child custody order: none
My girl friend and I separated, she got married, moved to Texas with my son, and now wants child support. After my girl friend and I separated, we have a California child support order of $0. Stupid me at the time, in trusting in our agreement, I did not pursue child custody. When she got married (2 years ago) and decided to take my son to Texas, she never consulted me as the father of what's best for our son, she informed me on the day she was leaving (Facebook message). Stupid me again to not pursue child custody while my son and her was still a resident of California, we Facebook chatted and said she will relieve me of my financial obligation as a father, just as long as I let her be and take my son, so I agree to try to be a civil parent for the best interest of our son. Now she wants to modify the child support order to collect money because she has another child, no job, on the system, and her husband barely makes enough. On the other hand, I have a career, got on with my life, and is financially secure. Am I doomed with no hope and at the mercy of the child support system with her in a advantage? Any advice from the forum will be great, thanks.
Collection and Enforcement: with Child Support
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire