My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California
In 2012, I purchased a new Yukon Denali Hybrid with a 100,000 mile extended warranty. It currently has 70,000 miles on it. About a month ago, I heard a strange noise under the hood and then the check engine light came on, then it started running very rough. Took the car into the dealership and they determined that one of the cams had failed, along with issues with some lifters. My research shows that it is a known problem traced back to Active Fuel Management (AFM) that are on the engines. The dealer replaced the cam, repaired the lifters, and had the head rebuilt. After the dealer put the engine back together, for some reason the radiator and a transmission cooler/radiator began spewing fluid. They ordered the replacement parts, but they are no where to be found (anywhere in the United States). These parts are hybrid specific parts and apparently were discontinued when GMC stopped producing hybrid yukons in 2013. All of the websites that I checked for the parts show the parts as either "on backorder with no ETA" or "discontinued".
My Denali has been at the dealer now for four weeks. I opened up a case file with GM Customer Service a few days ago. In the meantime, I have had to rent a vehicle for daily transportation. If the vehicle can not be repaired, what are my rights? Can I demand a replacement vehicle? Can I demand reimbursement for my car rental expenses? Any advise or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
In 2012, I purchased a new Yukon Denali Hybrid with a 100,000 mile extended warranty. It currently has 70,000 miles on it. About a month ago, I heard a strange noise under the hood and then the check engine light came on, then it started running very rough. Took the car into the dealership and they determined that one of the cams had failed, along with issues with some lifters. My research shows that it is a known problem traced back to Active Fuel Management (AFM) that are on the engines. The dealer replaced the cam, repaired the lifters, and had the head rebuilt. After the dealer put the engine back together, for some reason the radiator and a transmission cooler/radiator began spewing fluid. They ordered the replacement parts, but they are no where to be found (anywhere in the United States). These parts are hybrid specific parts and apparently were discontinued when GMC stopped producing hybrid yukons in 2013. All of the websites that I checked for the parts show the parts as either "on backorder with no ETA" or "discontinued".
My Denali has been at the dealer now for four weeks. I opened up a case file with GM Customer Service a few days ago. In the meantime, I have had to rent a vehicle for daily transportation. If the vehicle can not be repaired, what are my rights? Can I demand a replacement vehicle? Can I demand reimbursement for my car rental expenses? Any advise or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Service and Repair: Manufacturer Stopped Making Parts That Are Under Warranty
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire