dimanche 24 janvier 2016

Custody and Visitation Issues: 7/7 Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Louisiana

My child's father and I were only together for a month when I got pregnant. Sad to say but, I barely knew him. He started accusing me of cheating and saying that the baby wasn't his so I broke it off and moved back to my parents. I stayed in touch, invited him to every doctors visit although he denied my invites. He didn't do anything for me throughout the whole pregnancy. He has a history of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, and anger issues. (I know, I picked him, my fault) My daughter was born in August, she's now 5 months old. He showed up to labor and delivery drunk, and left right after she was born. She stayed in the NICU for a week. He only saw her once in the hospital for a few minutes. We got a DNA test done when she was a week old which confirmed she was his. I gave him a month to call birth records to give her his last name and to be on her birth certificate, I reminded him and his mother every day. It was never done so I took it upon myself to give her my last name and to not have the father listed since they had to speak to him. He has only seen her 3 times since she was born, in September only. And only because I brought her to his mothers house, we stayed all day from 10am-7pm and he only visited with her for an hour each time at the most. His mom made him sign his self up for child support which he paid 3 months of. (She's now 5 months) He contacted me once to ask if I could drop her off for the day. Simply saying no, but I have no problem bringing her or you coming to our place to see her. I made multiple attempts to arrange visitations under my supervision and I do not trust them, she's breastfed, and she doesn't know them. (She's very attached to me) yet he denied. I have not heard from him since once in October. I received a summons for child custody court, he is taking me for 7/7 and joint physical custody with us both being domicile. I have hired an attorney and have all the proof of everything I have listed. Texts messages, phone records, pictures of him drinking alcohol when he said he wouldn't be able to visit because he was working late. He is also a commercial fisherman, working a schedule something like 7 days out, 1 day in. Might I add that he has not shown interest in the child since day one of finding out about the pregnancy. I have reasons to believe his mother is using him to do this because she is mad that there isn't a such thing as Grandparents Rights in Louisiana. How will this work? I'm looking for advice. Thanks


Custody and Visitation Issues: 7/7 Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire