My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: IL/NC/TX/WA
Hi, I need to file a law suit against a moving company and looking for advice. Here are the reasons:
1. Lot of missing items that was never returned (have written notification from the movers)
2. Lot of damaged items when they delivered at the destination
3. They did not delivered a 60 inch TV.The reason given to me was it fell off the truck. but even the damaged TV was never delivered.
Unfortunately I didn't have insurance coverage and the only coverage I have is their 0.60 cents per pound. I filed a claim for the above reasons and they did not process the claim either by weight or replacement cost. They simply sent me a settlement letter for $70 when the claim is over $8000.00
I contacted the arbitration program that they listed on their contract. They confirmed that the mover is not part of their program and they have illegally listed their MC number in the contract. The arbitration company informed the FMCSA accordingly. I also came to know that they mover is now out of business.
FMCSA provided me their insurance information. I unable to contact the insurance company but no response for my email.
Here are the details:
Date of Pickup : 4/6/14
Shipped from : Chicago, IL
Date of Delivery : 4/14/14
Shipped to : Charlotte, NC
1. The logo in the binding estimate says they are in Houston, Nashville and Chicago.
2. Based on the MC 786232, The FMCSA -> carrier details website is pulling their business address as Houston, TX.
3. The bill of lading contract says their address is Kent, WA (Seattle suburb).
Finally, I'm looking for options on filing a suit on theft or breach of contract. The question is where to file the lawsuit? Charlotte (place the moved my items) or Houston (per FMCSA) or Chicago (the place I moved from) or Seattle (as per the address in the bill of landing)? Due to the distance, I prefer Charlotte or Houston or Chicago and not Seattle.
Thank You for your advice.
Hi, I need to file a law suit against a moving company and looking for advice. Here are the reasons:
1. Lot of missing items that was never returned (have written notification from the movers)
2. Lot of damaged items when they delivered at the destination
3. They did not delivered a 60 inch TV.The reason given to me was it fell off the truck. but even the damaged TV was never delivered.
Unfortunately I didn't have insurance coverage and the only coverage I have is their 0.60 cents per pound. I filed a claim for the above reasons and they did not process the claim either by weight or replacement cost. They simply sent me a settlement letter for $70 when the claim is over $8000.00
I contacted the arbitration program that they listed on their contract. They confirmed that the mover is not part of their program and they have illegally listed their MC number in the contract. The arbitration company informed the FMCSA accordingly. I also came to know that they mover is now out of business.
FMCSA provided me their insurance information. I unable to contact the insurance company but no response for my email.
Here are the details:
Date of Pickup : 4/6/14
Shipped from : Chicago, IL
Date of Delivery : 4/14/14
Shipped to : Charlotte, NC
1. The logo in the binding estimate says they are in Houston, Nashville and Chicago.
2. Based on the MC 786232, The FMCSA -> carrier details website is pulling their business address as Houston, TX.
3. The bill of lading contract says their address is Kent, WA (Seattle suburb).
Finally, I'm looking for options on filing a suit on theft or breach of contract. The question is where to file the lawsuit? Charlotte (place the moved my items) or Houston (per FMCSA) or Chicago (the place I moved from) or Seattle (as per the address in the bill of landing)? Due to the distance, I prefer Charlotte or Houston or Chicago and not Seattle.
Thank You for your advice.
Consumer Law Issues: Where to File a Claim Against Residential Moving Company
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire