My question involves defamation in the state of: All
A neighbor & friend and I used a site tonight w/a top rating and no BBB complaints: What a scam! She is looking for her birth family (their folks passed and all 5 kids went to differ foster homes) and felt that the info was not quite right; I looked up an old friend I've been trying to find and the info was definitely outdated (last known address was a place in WA we shared in 1996) and felt off.
We put ourselves in to compare and WOW! We were teased w/all kinds of criminal records that would be available at the next membership level, she bit and more crap for $10 more. Her results stated that she had several closed felony cases, but the only court she's ever been in is Family Court in 1968. I showed "Probation" listings w/multiple states, some I've never even lived in- BTW, I pass a fingerprint, federal background check every 6 months for my job, never been arrested, never been to jail, am NOT on probation!
She was very distraught by this, she's raising her grandkids quite suddenly w/out support and fears employers may use this site because it's cheap. I think it is terrible, both of our kids have friends w/parents that use this to screen who their kids can be around.
Do we sue? Customer service was from another country and basically laughed at us.
A neighbor & friend and I used a site tonight w/a top rating and no BBB complaints: What a scam! She is looking for her birth family (their folks passed and all 5 kids went to differ foster homes) and felt that the info was not quite right; I looked up an old friend I've been trying to find and the info was definitely outdated (last known address was a place in WA we shared in 1996) and felt off.
We put ourselves in to compare and WOW! We were teased w/all kinds of criminal records that would be available at the next membership level, she bit and more crap for $10 more. Her results stated that she had several closed felony cases, but the only court she's ever been in is Family Court in 1968. I showed "Probation" listings w/multiple states, some I've never even lived in- BTW, I pass a fingerprint, federal background check every 6 months for my job, never been arrested, never been to jail, am NOT on probation!
She was very distraught by this, she's raising her grandkids quite suddenly w/out support and fears employers may use this site because it's cheap. I think it is terrible, both of our kids have friends w/parents that use this to screen who their kids can be around.
Do we sue? Customer service was from another country and basically laughed at us.
Libel: People Search Sites State I'm a Criminal, That is False
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire