My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California
I had been collecting SDI for 6 months and last month my doctor said he could not extend my off work notice any longer(another question in different section). Common sense tells us the doctor has deemed me "able" to return to work. But I did not return to my work yet because I know that with my limitations I am 100% not capable to performing my job. I have been in contact with my employer and all that they have said is for me to let them know when I can come back. After 30 days without income, i filled for UI and just learned my claim was denied. Reason stated, California UI Code Section 1253C - "An individual is eligible for benefits in a week only if the department finds he was able to work and available for work".
To summarize my problem, I am ineligible to receive SDI because a doctor says I am able to return to work and I am ineligible to receive UI because EDD says I am not able to work and my workers compensation was denied because from what I understand, the majority of all claims are denied at first. Really?????
Now to my question, I am writing my UI appeal letter and want to know if anybody has some insight as to what exactly they look for in an appeal letter. Or is this appeal just a formality in them denying my claim again?
I had been collecting SDI for 6 months and last month my doctor said he could not extend my off work notice any longer(another question in different section). Common sense tells us the doctor has deemed me "able" to return to work. But I did not return to my work yet because I know that with my limitations I am 100% not capable to performing my job. I have been in contact with my employer and all that they have said is for me to let them know when I can come back. After 30 days without income, i filled for UI and just learned my claim was denied. Reason stated, California UI Code Section 1253C - "An individual is eligible for benefits in a week only if the department finds he was able to work and available for work".
To summarize my problem, I am ineligible to receive SDI because a doctor says I am able to return to work and I am ineligible to receive UI because EDD says I am not able to work and my workers compensation was denied because from what I understand, the majority of all claims are denied at first. Really?????
Now to my question, I am writing my UI appeal letter and want to know if anybody has some insight as to what exactly they look for in an appeal letter. Or is this appeal just a formality in them denying my claim again?
Denial & Appeals: Sdi (Ineligible), UI (Ineligible), Workers Compensation (Denied)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire