samedi 14 avril 2018

Speeding Tickets: How to Be Eligible for Traffic School when Cited Going Over the 25 Mpg Limit

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California


I recently got cited going 91 on a 65, just one mile over the limit to make me eligible for traffic school. When talking with a court clerk, I was told a DMV rule made me ineligible for traffic school and I needed to bump my speed down somehow.

I have never been to court and I'm ill informed of the process. I will plead not guilty and bring a defense saying that if the officer's radar had even a 1% error than my actual speed could have been 90 mph or less. In addition I am going to thank the officer for citing me, stating he could have potentially saved my life and his citation taught me a lot about the legal process. In addition I will apologize profusely to the judge, letting him/her know this is my first citation and will be my last citation and that I thoroughly reevaluated my driving habits and will never speed again. I will let the judge know that I'm a full time student who will transfer to university the following fall, and the potential increase to my family's insurance will cause us financial hardship when trying to afford tuition for school. If that doesn't convince the judge, I will then proceed to describe how the radars used to track speed aren't always completely accurate, and how there could exist a potential margin for error. I requested a discovery of the radar the officer used that day: it's make, model, calibration settings, engineering, design, and potential sources for error. If it doesn't come by my court date I will let the judge know I made the request but was not honored, but will still do as much research as I can on different radars used to make a convincing case. With that said, is this the same as making a request of the officer's notes, or will I need to go back and request all the notes and not just the radar information?

I'm wondering, will this one court date make me eligible for traffic school, or will the court schedule another trial? I'm not sure how the legal process works in these cases; is my court date a means to get traffic school or will it just set up another trial for me to go to traffic school? In addition, how likely will my defense help me, an apologetic first time offender, keep this point off my record and see a potential reduction in my bail fine? Thanks.


Speeding Tickets: How to Be Eligible for Traffic School when Cited Going Over the 25 Mpg Limit

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire