My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Ohio
I took my perfectly running car into the Firestone garage sometime in November 2017 for a routine oil change and a replacement of all four tires only to return to pick up a broken car. As soon as I set off from the garage, after I was called to pick up my car after the technician claimed they had completed the work, my car engine began to fail at the first stop I made within less than a minute from the garage.
I tried several times before finally getting the engine to start again and returned the car immediately to the garage and after a diagnostic test, I was told it was an engine failure. This is when things went awry! Firestone denied responsibility (not surprising based on their reputation) and went on to claim the engine failure was due to the millage on my car! My car is a 2003 Honda Accord with ~170k miles and never broke down for even a single day during all the 7 years I've owned this car.
Upon further evaluation by a Honda specialist, this independent specialist said he found nothing with my car that would have suggested improper maintenance that could have led to this engine failure. He therefore hypothesized that Firestone either failed to refill my oil tank after draining the oil or failed to close the oil drain after servicing. Yet, Firestone is still denies all responsibility and have left me with nearly $5k worth of debt (estimated cost of engine and workmanship). What do you suggest as the best line of legal action?
Thanks for any help.
I took my perfectly running car into the Firestone garage sometime in November 2017 for a routine oil change and a replacement of all four tires only to return to pick up a broken car. As soon as I set off from the garage, after I was called to pick up my car after the technician claimed they had completed the work, my car engine began to fail at the first stop I made within less than a minute from the garage.
I tried several times before finally getting the engine to start again and returned the car immediately to the garage and after a diagnostic test, I was told it was an engine failure. This is when things went awry! Firestone denied responsibility (not surprising based on their reputation) and went on to claim the engine failure was due to the millage on my car! My car is a 2003 Honda Accord with ~170k miles and never broke down for even a single day during all the 7 years I've owned this car.
Upon further evaluation by a Honda specialist, this independent specialist said he found nothing with my car that would have suggested improper maintenance that could have led to this engine failure. He therefore hypothesized that Firestone either failed to refill my oil tank after draining the oil or failed to close the oil drain after servicing. Yet, Firestone is still denies all responsibility and have left me with nearly $5k worth of debt (estimated cost of engine and workmanship). What do you suggest as the best line of legal action?
Thanks for any help.
Service and Repair: Engine Failed After Routine Oil Change
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire