lundi 16 avril 2018

Is It Illegal to Damage a House Before Foreclosure

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Georgia

I have heard a lot of stories of people "wrecking the place" before the bank shows up to repossess the house as a way of screwing over the bank by making the house difficult to sell and/or severely reducing the value. However, I have wondered about whether or not this is a crime or not. Obviously, it is in violation of the terms of the mortgage in most cases which typically state that one "maintains" the property. So, I have wondered if it would be vandalism, though I have never heard of someone being charged for damaging a property in foreclosure. Obviously, it would be vandalism if the owner vacated and the foreclosure is completed. However, during the proceedings, is the home in foreclosure still one's property? Or no? Also, when a house is in foreclosure, and the owner is still living there for a period of time that the bank gives....... would they be able to sell the property and pay off the mortgage to "cancel the foreclosure"?


Is It Illegal to Damage a House Before Foreclosure

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire