jeudi 12 avril 2018

Financial Exploitation: Elder Law

My question involves a person located in the state of:Indiana

I will try to make this short. My husband is trying to get me into a nursing home. I am disabled. I do not want to go into a nursing home. He has been working with an attorney to get me on Medicaid. Mind you, my husband is wealthy but does not want to lose anything if I should have to go into a nursing home. He is verbally abusive and threatening to me. However, I am stuck with him. I am 71 years old. My husband got me on a Medicaid waiver so he would not lose the residential property, the cars (he has 2 Cadillacs, 1 Chevy truck, 1 Corvette and a 65 Pontiac GTO). He transferred all of the titles to his name alone. I did not sign any of them.

I just found out that he transferred the real estate that we owned jointly into his name. I did not sign any papers to do this. The Note states: Transfer from B1 & C2 Jones by B1 Jones to B1 Jones/Quit Claim Deed. It then goes on the state Transfer on Death Deed stating that when B1 Jones is deceased the property is to be transferred to B2 Jones (our son). I never agreed to this or signed this QCDeed. I have also found out that my husband had some type of document prepared that if he dies before I do, anything that I would receive by the laws of the State of Indiana are to be placed in a Trust and that trust will be administered by our son. In other words, he could not lock me out of inheriting anything because the State of Indiana does not allow that but anything I would inherit goes into a trust that my son will handle.

Is any of this legal and how can I get the property back which I did not sign over to him?

Up until the age of 62, I worked full time and also paid bills for the house and mortgage.

Thanks.


Financial Exploitation: Elder Law

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire