Michigan: [Abandoned house] I meet all of the requirements for a claim of adverse possession of a house Ive been occupying for 16 years. However, theres one gray-area issue: At year 8, the county foreclosed the house for non-payment of property taxes, and sold it at tax auction. I never left the house, and in the 8 years after it was sold at tax auction, I still continue to meet the requirements for a claim of adverse possession since that tax auction purchaser never came forward to claim the property in any way, nor gave me permission to be there.
[*Note: The county never made any effort to actually possess the property, or to evict me, or to do anything that an owner would do the county tax foreclosure process merely passes title to a subsequent purchaser after the tax foreclosure/tax auction sale.]
LEGALESE: At year 8, I didn't have a valid claim of adverse possession, therefore the foreclosure could not extinguish an interest that did not yet exist.
QUESTION: Will the countys tax foreclosure of the house in year 8 reset the clock in an adverse possession claim?
Thanks much.
[*Note: The county never made any effort to actually possess the property, or to evict me, or to do anything that an owner would do the county tax foreclosure process merely passes title to a subsequent purchaser after the tax foreclosure/tax auction sale.]
LEGALESE: At year 8, I didn't have a valid claim of adverse possession, therefore the foreclosure could not extinguish an interest that did not yet exist.
QUESTION: Will the countys tax foreclosure of the house in year 8 reset the clock in an adverse possession claim?
Thanks much.
Adverse Possession: Does County Tax Auction Reset the Clock on an Adverse Possession Claim
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire