mardi 17 avril 2018

Accidental Damage of Expensive Earbuds

My question involves personal property located in the State of: New Jersey.
I was on the bus, across from the offender. I was using my laptop, with an unsaved Word Document that I had planned to save as soon as I got home. Out of nowhere, the offender decides to try to turn off my laptop, and I quickly slap his hand away. He tries a few more times, and the last time, his earbuds were unfortunate enough to be lined up with his arm, so when I slapped his hand away, his earbuds were ripped out of his phone. He put them back in, and said they did not work. These earbuds cost 60 dollars, and he threatened to sue me. We are both minors, at the age of 13. Would this case result in my winning? He had been the one who provoked the defense of my computer. I had done nothing to provoke him beforehand. Would my school administrator be able to prevent him taking this to court, given the circumstances? If I do lose the possible case, what would I have to pay?


Accidental Damage of Expensive Earbuds

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire