My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: GA.
I went to court today planning to go through PTI for a failure to obey traffic control device ticket. When I checked in I was told that due to an outstanding offense (which I knew nothing about) I couldn't go through PTI and that I had to plead then and there and then afterwards I could go to a different office to find out what the outstanding offense was. Since I had to plead before I could find out anything I pleaded not guilty and went to the other office and found out that they had flagged me for a DUI in 2003 that was not mine and was evidently for someone with the same name but with a different birthday.
After getting this cleared up I asked to go through PTI but they said because I had already pleaded that it was too late. I asked if I could request PTI at the trial and they told me no, it was too late.
I feel this is totally unfair that due to a mistake in their records I have to go to trial (and not PTI) and that I have to spend more of my time fighting this. Do I have any recourse?
I went to court today planning to go through PTI for a failure to obey traffic control device ticket. When I checked in I was told that due to an outstanding offense (which I knew nothing about) I couldn't go through PTI and that I had to plead then and there and then afterwards I could go to a different office to find out what the outstanding offense was. Since I had to plead before I could find out anything I pleaded not guilty and went to the other office and found out that they had flagged me for a DUI in 2003 that was not mine and was evidently for someone with the same name but with a different birthday.
After getting this cleared up I asked to go through PTI but they said because I had already pleaded that it was too late. I asked if I could request PTI at the trial and they told me no, it was too late.
I feel this is totally unfair that due to a mistake in their records I have to go to trial (and not PTI) and that I have to spend more of my time fighting this. Do I have any recourse?
Traffic Court Issues: Denied Pretrial Intervention Due to an Error by the Court
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire