vendredi 22 janvier 2016

Modification of Custody: Contempt for No Money to Pay a Custody Evaluator

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: LA

The judge ordered a custody evaluation. She named a psychologist and said both I and my ex-husband will split the cost of evaluation. I found out that the cost was $5000 and I would be responsible for 1/2. I cannot afford it. I make $2000 a month. I tried to settle with my ex and we went back and forth and eventually he started seeing the psychologist. I couldn't afford it still and filed a Motion stating that. The judge found me in Contempt for not going to the evaluation. How can she do that if I testified in court and showed her my income and that I cannot afford that? The psychologist also wrote a letter to the judge, stating he needs to have the kids two extra days on my week. The psychologist never seen me, how can she recommend that? She's only seen him twice. It seems one-sided. When we were in court, the visitation change was not set for hearing for that day. We had a custody trial set for that day, which was continued because the evaluation was not completed. So, the judge just gives him two extra days, wouldn't even let me testify or anything. I don't know if it matters, but my ex-husband physically abused the children, DCFS was involved and he did not see them for two years. The Order of Protection for 2 years had been done by this very judge.


Modification of Custody: Contempt for No Money to Pay a Custody Evaluator

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire