My question involves court procedures for the state of: TN
I purchased a dog from a breeder. They were pretty much a backyard breeder but they had a Facebook page with a lot of satisfied customers and their house was clean so I bit at it.
The seller had acquired three puppies from a litter where her male had fathered it and the woman owning the female kept the other three puppies to sell. The AKC papers were not there the day I purchased puppy, but I was given a piece of paper stating the amount I paid, that the owner of the female would send AKC papers in the mail and the woman who sold me the puppies signed it. I also received a paper with a sticker on it that gave the name of the shots given and what dates.
The breeder with the AKC papers asked me to contact her and send her my address. I did. It has been two weeks and while she maintains she sent me the papers the day after I provided info, she has given me no reason why the papers would not have arrived and neither have responded to my inquiries.
I paid 750 for my dog total so I was wondering if I could sue since they said they would send me the AKC papers. I would have never paid that much for a dog if they didn't have AKC registration. Their advertisement also says AKC puppies. I also had to de worm my dog even though the paperwork says it was wormed and it had a bacterial sinus infection which I had to pay for and I was wondering if I could sue for the vet bill at least for the worming since they stated it WAS wormed just a week prior.
I purchased a dog from a breeder. They were pretty much a backyard breeder but they had a Facebook page with a lot of satisfied customers and their house was clean so I bit at it.
The seller had acquired three puppies from a litter where her male had fathered it and the woman owning the female kept the other three puppies to sell. The AKC papers were not there the day I purchased puppy, but I was given a piece of paper stating the amount I paid, that the owner of the female would send AKC papers in the mail and the woman who sold me the puppies signed it. I also received a paper with a sticker on it that gave the name of the shots given and what dates.
The breeder with the AKC papers asked me to contact her and send her my address. I did. It has been two weeks and while she maintains she sent me the papers the day after I provided info, she has given me no reason why the papers would not have arrived and neither have responded to my inquiries.
I paid 750 for my dog total so I was wondering if I could sue since they said they would send me the AKC papers. I would have never paid that much for a dog if they didn't have AKC registration. Their advertisement also says AKC puppies. I also had to de worm my dog even though the paperwork says it was wormed and it had a bacterial sinus infection which I had to pay for and I was wondering if I could sue for the vet bill at least for the worming since they stated it WAS wormed just a week prior.
Filing a Complaint: Suing a Dog Breeder for Not Sending Akc Papers
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire