I work at a hotel corporation in North Carolina, I am a cocktail server in the main hall of the establishment. About three months ago we were celebrating the life of F. Scott Fitzgerald, the women were asked to wear fake pearls and a headband for the occasion, indicative of the "Flapper Girl". Eventually, the men in charge of the food and beverage department decided to make this apart of our uniform, permanently (no new uniform contracts.) All of the women who are forced to wear this new "uniform requirement" feel demeaned by it, it is tacky, and sexist. I have not been wearing it lately, Today got reprimanded by one of our food and beverage managers, basically saying that if I don't start wearing it that I should find a new job. Could I sue this company?
Thanks,
A
Thanks,
A
Discrimination: Being Forced to Wear a Costume at Work
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire