jeudi 12 avril 2018

Some Questions About Being Questioned by Police

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania/West Virginia


Hello everyone , I'm Lionel Fauquier and I have a few questions pertaining to being questioned and/or detained by police .



Now I'm a law abiding man , however I do have a habit that may cause certain police officers to question and even possibly detain me . To be more specific , I enjoy smoking cigarettes in secluded public places at night while wearing a biker type leather jacket . I've never been questioned or detained for doing this so far , but I've heard of people who have which is why I started up this thread .

So what is advisable in the case of being stopped/questioned/detained by police in a case like this ? Should one talk to police officers or should one exercise their right to silence ? If so then how should one go about exercising their right to silence ? Should one pose the question of " Am I being detained sir ? " or is there another line one should say ?

I imagine most cops aren't out to get people jammed up when questioning them for unorthodox yet perfectly legal behavior like this , however I have heard of some so called bad apples who might come down hard on unorthodox types they have a grudge against , which is why I'd like to get a bit of advice concerning this issue .


Anyways any advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance . :)


P.S. I live in Pennsylvania , however I work and spend a lot of time in WV which is why I included both states .


Some Questions About Being Questioned by Police

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire