My question involves criminal law for the state of: California
I recently fought, and successfully beat, a red light camera violation in California.
During the trial the prosecution said something and I am curious what they were referring to.
I was trying to strike evidence which was requested for in discovery but was not produced by the prosecution before trial. The document was a traffic and engineering survey which is part of public record.
The prosecution made an argument that because the document was public record it was somehow exempt from discovery or something along those lines.
Is there any statutory or case law basis for this?
I recently fought, and successfully beat, a red light camera violation in California.
During the trial the prosecution said something and I am curious what they were referring to.
I was trying to strike evidence which was requested for in discovery but was not produced by the prosecution before trial. The document was a traffic and engineering survey which is part of public record.
The prosecution made an argument that because the document was public record it was somehow exempt from discovery or something along those lines.
Is there any statutory or case law basis for this?
Pretrial Procedure: Is Public Record Exempt from Being Discovered in California
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire