mardi 23 mai 2017

Relocation: Is There a Duty to Try to Resolve Custody Issues Outside of Court when Relocating

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Indiana

I read on a legal website that an individual can be sanctioned in the state of Nevada if a person files a motion with the courts without trying to resolve the issue with the other party first. Is this same rule in effect in Indiana (or something similar)? My daughter's father and I have been ordered to take part in mediation and the court offered to pay the majority of the fees. We had a date set in November for us to go to mediation in January, but my daughter's father cancelled it and never rescheduled. He even showed up to other court dates in between time and was told that they wouldn't hear what he had to say until he went to mediation. He was told from the bench and we were both mailed reminders that we had to do our mediation. Somehow he's filed yet another motion and we have court set for June. Also, is there a time limit for when he has to serve me the motion when he files the documents with the court? I still have not received a copy of his motion. At my request, the court is sending me a copy this week and I plan on filing a response. I will receive a copy of his motion well outside of his 60 days to respond, so I'm wondering if I will be able to state in my response that his motion is not valid because he did not follow protocol.


Relocation: Is There a Duty to Try to Resolve Custody Issues Outside of Court when Relocating

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire