My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: VA
I recently got a speeding ticket while driving through VA on a trip. This was my first time driving through VA so I was not familiar with the speeding limits on the interstate. Traffic was decently congested the day I got pulled over and I had cruise control on and got pulled over for 83/70(it was not marked reckless) Which doesn't seem right because I had the cruise control set on 80 and it's a new car so i wouldn't think the speedometer would be wrong.
Here's my question...I am a TN resident. The traffic court in my home county in TN put me on a 10 month probation for a speeding ticket back in Feb. where as long as in 10 months I don't get a another speeding ticket, it will be dismissed. If I pay the VA ticket, will if effect this status in TN? I did some research and discovered that my home state is not part of the DLC, but VA is. I'm not really concerned about insurance finding out or even points assessed on my license, just more as if my home county court will find out about it, or if my probation only applied to other tickets issued in TN during the 10 month period.
Alternatively, if anyone is familiar with VA has tips on how to deal with a speeding ticket to possibly get it reduced or dismissed with a driver improvement program, etc.
Any help or advice would be appreciated!
I recently got a speeding ticket while driving through VA on a trip. This was my first time driving through VA so I was not familiar with the speeding limits on the interstate. Traffic was decently congested the day I got pulled over and I had cruise control on and got pulled over for 83/70(it was not marked reckless) Which doesn't seem right because I had the cruise control set on 80 and it's a new car so i wouldn't think the speedometer would be wrong.
Here's my question...I am a TN resident. The traffic court in my home county in TN put me on a 10 month probation for a speeding ticket back in Feb. where as long as in 10 months I don't get a another speeding ticket, it will be dismissed. If I pay the VA ticket, will if effect this status in TN? I did some research and discovered that my home state is not part of the DLC, but VA is. I'm not really concerned about insurance finding out or even points assessed on my license, just more as if my home county court will find out about it, or if my probation only applied to other tickets issued in TN during the 10 month period.
Alternatively, if anyone is familiar with VA has tips on how to deal with a speeding ticket to possibly get it reduced or dismissed with a driver improvement program, etc.
Any help or advice would be appreciated!
Traffic Court Issues: What Happens if You Get an Out of State Speeding Ticket During an In-State Deferral
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire