My question involves paternity law for the State of: New York
I was born in 1962 and my parents were married in 1956. My father was in the US Army and was away when i was born. It seems that in the state of NY - it says that the husband is the presumed father but another man was put on the certificate in error. My father was killed in Vietnam in 1969 and my parents were divorced in 1964.My mother was worried about my father's family taking me so she did not notify him of my birth until after the divorce but by then, my mother had remarried and upon my biological father's death, had my stepfather adopt me. He is now deceased. I want my birth certificate to reflect the real father which my father's family acknowledges me. i want to be buried with my father but was told, I have to have the birth certificate changed, how do I do that? I have all the papers
Married in 1956
Divorce in 1964
Military papers stating they were married after I was born in 1962
I have a sworn affidavit from my mother and my father's commander of his knowledge of me.
There is no estate - this is to make sure everyone knows he didn't die alone and left someone behind. The US Army has acknowledged me as his daughter since he was returning from Vietnam to answer being served pertaining to relinquish his rights to let me be adopted but died before he got on transport.
I was told to find a public advocate but when I went down to office of vital statistics with my mom, they said it was understood he was my father so what do i do? I am his only child.
Thank you
KC
I was born in 1962 and my parents were married in 1956. My father was in the US Army and was away when i was born. It seems that in the state of NY - it says that the husband is the presumed father but another man was put on the certificate in error. My father was killed in Vietnam in 1969 and my parents were divorced in 1964.My mother was worried about my father's family taking me so she did not notify him of my birth until after the divorce but by then, my mother had remarried and upon my biological father's death, had my stepfather adopt me. He is now deceased. I want my birth certificate to reflect the real father which my father's family acknowledges me. i want to be buried with my father but was told, I have to have the birth certificate changed, how do I do that? I have all the papers
Married in 1956
Divorce in 1964
Military papers stating they were married after I was born in 1962
I have a sworn affidavit from my mother and my father's commander of his knowledge of me.
There is no estate - this is to make sure everyone knows he didn't die alone and left someone behind. The US Army has acknowledged me as his daughter since he was returning from Vietnam to answer being served pertaining to relinquish his rights to let me be adopted but died before he got on transport.
I was told to find a public advocate but when I went down to office of vital statistics with my mom, they said it was understood he was my father so what do i do? I am his only child.
Thank you
KC
Presumption of Paternity: Mother Was Married to My Father but Another Man is on My Birth Certificate
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire