My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: New Jersey
I just put in a small deposit on a car that I bought from a private party in New York. He had a lien on the car, and he paid it off as soon as the sale was finalized (yesterday). We are now awaiting the lien clearance letter from his bank. I would like to register the car in New Jersey, which is where I live. I understand that the seller can get a clear title from the New York DMV by sending them the lien clearance certificate and existing 'title with lien', but it apparently takes a few months; that's a no-go since I need to be able to use the car now.
Can I directly submit the 'title with lien' along with the lien clearance letter to the DMV in New Jersey to get the car titled and registered here? My confusion is because apparently NJ uses an electronic system to track lien releases, so I'm worried that they won't accept a letter as proof.
I just put in a small deposit on a car that I bought from a private party in New York. He had a lien on the car, and he paid it off as soon as the sale was finalized (yesterday). We are now awaiting the lien clearance letter from his bank. I would like to register the car in New Jersey, which is where I live. I understand that the seller can get a clear title from the New York DMV by sending them the lien clearance certificate and existing 'title with lien', but it apparently takes a few months; that's a no-go since I need to be able to use the car now.
Can I directly submit the 'title with lien' along with the lien clearance letter to the DMV in New Jersey to get the car titled and registered here? My confusion is because apparently NJ uses an electronic system to track lien releases, so I'm worried that they won't accept a letter as proof.
Liens: Buying a New York Titled Car with Lien to Register in New Jersey
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire