My question involves real estate located in the State of: Kentucky
I live in a rural area at the end of a deeded right-of-way (ROW). The entrance to the ROW is on a state highway and I pass through my neighbors land to get to my property. Initially, the land was divided into lots that were situated on each side of the ROW. Over time a neighbor and his son acquired the lots on each side of the ROW nearest the highway. I own the remainder of the lots on both sides at the end of the ROW. My neighbor, his son, and I own all of the lots. The ROW ends on my property bounded by US Government land. I want to end the ROW that goes through my property. The ROW is not access to the Government land.
This aggregation of lots is called a subdivision in the records of the county recorder and was established in 1973 with a filing of a plat map. This map shows the lots with the ROW going down the center. The map has no text related to restrictions, the use, maintenance, or the ownership of the ROW. I have gathered deeds related to previous purchases of these lots and owners are directed to the plat map filing for restrictions, etc., of which there is nothing but the map. On all of the deeds I looked at, the ROW is not a part of the lot sale. On my deed, the lots have been aggregated into a single parcel and the ROW is excluded from my ownership by language in the deed. I looked at the deeds of the other two owners and the ROW is excluded from their ownership. I checked with the Property Valuation Administrator and the ROW is not a parcel with a specific owner and is not being taxed as property.
I don't expect the other two owners to agree to the elimination of the ROW on my property as they use it as their turnaround and as an ATV track.
I live in a rural area at the end of a deeded right-of-way (ROW). The entrance to the ROW is on a state highway and I pass through my neighbors land to get to my property. Initially, the land was divided into lots that were situated on each side of the ROW. Over time a neighbor and his son acquired the lots on each side of the ROW nearest the highway. I own the remainder of the lots on both sides at the end of the ROW. My neighbor, his son, and I own all of the lots. The ROW ends on my property bounded by US Government land. I want to end the ROW that goes through my property. The ROW is not access to the Government land.
This aggregation of lots is called a subdivision in the records of the county recorder and was established in 1973 with a filing of a plat map. This map shows the lots with the ROW going down the center. The map has no text related to restrictions, the use, maintenance, or the ownership of the ROW. I have gathered deeds related to previous purchases of these lots and owners are directed to the plat map filing for restrictions, etc., of which there is nothing but the map. On all of the deeds I looked at, the ROW is not a part of the lot sale. On my deed, the lots have been aggregated into a single parcel and the ROW is excluded from my ownership by language in the deed. I looked at the deeds of the other two owners and the ROW is excluded from their ownership. I checked with the Property Valuation Administrator and the ROW is not a parcel with a specific owner and is not being taxed as property.
I don't expect the other two owners to agree to the elimination of the ROW on my property as they use it as their turnaround and as an ATV track.
Termination: Eliminating Right-Of-Way
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire