My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Kansas
Last year my apartment hallway flooded with about 4" of water; along with the dishwasher backing up and sink leaking to cabinet below. I filed over 20 work orders for this it was too the point that it caused an electrical fire in my sons room, thankfully i was right there when it happened as he is disabled. I pleaded with the apartments to fix my unit instead they put a fan under the carpet to try to keep it dry. which I was told by medical professionals that it was just making the mold spores spread throughout my apartment. 2 weeks of living like this and my son was hospitalized with a spot on his lungs which required steroids. I was told they wouldnt let us move to another unit and the manager told me that the problem is from the unit above me that drains to my unit. After over a month living like this it got to the point where i couldnt even breathe in my house the manager was putting the work orders completed and i would have to refile them every few days. I finally got the money to break my lease and was told i couldnt put unsanitary reasons as the reason so I put moving. I was told i had to give 30 days notice upon breaking hte lease so I puton the paperwork we would vacate in 30 days but I was allowed to hand in the keys that day. they knew the apartment was not fixed when i turned in the keys.
Months later i get a bill for 9000 on my credit report and they first stated that the old manager said i never reported any problems; upon showing work orders. I was then told that because the apartment was legally mine for another month that no one entered it as the work orders that were on it get canceled if you break the lease. so when they entered the apartment a month later there was 2" of standing water in the kitchen and hallway. They are billing me for these charges as i did not put in another work order when the apartment got worse.
Is there anything i can do besides hiring an attorney? i have moved states but the corporation does have apartments in my state. I have been told i can file a declaratory judgement or can go to small claims court myself but was wondering if anyone else would have any ideas or steps i can take? any ideas on how to get this removed from my credit report? Do current work orders cancel if you break the lease as they are stating?
thank you for reading and any advice would be amazing
Last year my apartment hallway flooded with about 4" of water; along with the dishwasher backing up and sink leaking to cabinet below. I filed over 20 work orders for this it was too the point that it caused an electrical fire in my sons room, thankfully i was right there when it happened as he is disabled. I pleaded with the apartments to fix my unit instead they put a fan under the carpet to try to keep it dry. which I was told by medical professionals that it was just making the mold spores spread throughout my apartment. 2 weeks of living like this and my son was hospitalized with a spot on his lungs which required steroids. I was told they wouldnt let us move to another unit and the manager told me that the problem is from the unit above me that drains to my unit. After over a month living like this it got to the point where i couldnt even breathe in my house the manager was putting the work orders completed and i would have to refile them every few days. I finally got the money to break my lease and was told i couldnt put unsanitary reasons as the reason so I put moving. I was told i had to give 30 days notice upon breaking hte lease so I puton the paperwork we would vacate in 30 days but I was allowed to hand in the keys that day. they knew the apartment was not fixed when i turned in the keys.
Months later i get a bill for 9000 on my credit report and they first stated that the old manager said i never reported any problems; upon showing work orders. I was then told that because the apartment was legally mine for another month that no one entered it as the work orders that were on it get canceled if you break the lease. so when they entered the apartment a month later there was 2" of standing water in the kitchen and hallway. They are billing me for these charges as i did not put in another work order when the apartment got worse.
Is there anything i can do besides hiring an attorney? i have moved states but the corporation does have apartments in my state. I have been told i can file a declaratory judgement or can go to small claims court myself but was wondering if anyone else would have any ideas or steps i can take? any ideas on how to get this removed from my credit report? Do current work orders cancel if you break the lease as they are stating?
thank you for reading and any advice would be amazing
Cleaning and Repairs: Repair Work Order Cancel Upon Breaking Lease
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire