My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Kansas
I bought a new DELL computer. Brought it home, plugged it in and it immediately got so hot that I was burned. Took it back the next day, got another (same brand and model), less than a week went by and it started giving me error messages that the power cord was not recognized. Contacted support, trouble shooting indicated that the part of the cord that connected to the computer was defective so they sent a new one after a few days. Contacted support again because I got the same message. I was told to contact they technical department who ran me through another diagnostic and insisted that I send the computer in so they could fix it and stated that is should take no more than 20 days. I asked to be refunded or exchanged for a new computer. I was told that it was their policy to not refund or exchange for a device that is more than 30 days old. I informed them that i have the original receipt that stated it was not 30 days old but 26 days. They emailed a shipping label to me and now refuse to correspond with me at all. Any recourse?
What is really bad is that I purchased TWO at the same time. We're afraid to open the second one but of course, it is more than 30 days old now...it was purchased with the one that burned my hand.
I bought a new DELL computer. Brought it home, plugged it in and it immediately got so hot that I was burned. Took it back the next day, got another (same brand and model), less than a week went by and it started giving me error messages that the power cord was not recognized. Contacted support, trouble shooting indicated that the part of the cord that connected to the computer was defective so they sent a new one after a few days. Contacted support again because I got the same message. I was told to contact they technical department who ran me through another diagnostic and insisted that I send the computer in so they could fix it and stated that is should take no more than 20 days. I asked to be refunded or exchanged for a new computer. I was told that it was their policy to not refund or exchange for a device that is more than 30 days old. I informed them that i have the original receipt that stated it was not 30 days old but 26 days. They emailed a shipping label to me and now refuse to correspond with me at all. Any recourse?
What is really bad is that I purchased TWO at the same time. We're afraid to open the second one but of course, it is more than 30 days old now...it was purchased with the one that burned my hand.
Warranties: Faulty Dell Computers
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire