lundi 22 mai 2017

Leasing a Condo vs Hosting Guests

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Texas

Dear forum, I need advice. I own a flat in which I do not utilize during the weekend. Being that my flat is in a desirable location in Houston, I decided to monetize the situation by letting my flat on Airbnb. My flat was very popular and I thought it was a brilliant scheme until I was notified that the COA rules do not allow any leasing of units for less than 1 year.

I was content to abandon this venture, despite my misgivings about the usurpation of my property, until the COA president and management company became rather belligerent.

In response to this threatening demeanor, I wanted to devise an admittedly spiteful but legal retaliation. My plan is to advertise on Airbnb for lodgers, but charge them nothing to stay at my flat. If I receive no compensation, would these individuals be considered guests and thus not considered parties to a lease?

I appreciate any guidance the forum has to offer.


Leasing a Condo vs Hosting Guests

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire