mardi 23 mai 2017

How to Determine How a Police Officer Measured Your Speed

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania

51. Speed Timing Device Operator - 001
52. Miles Followed -
53. Miles Timed - .028
54. Secs. Timed - 1.34
55. Speed Equip. Serial No - RPD-2
56. Station Equip. Tested - W-1
57. Date Equip Tested - 5-11-17

Yesterday, (5/22/2017) I was cited/fined for $194 for 3362 A3, which is § 3362. Maximum speed limits.
(a) General rule.--Except when a special hazard exists that requires lower speed for compliance with section 3361 (relating to driving vehicle at safe speed), the limits specified in this section or established under this subchapter shall be maximum lawful speeds and no person shall drive a vehicle at a speed in excess of the following maximum limits:

(3) Any other maximum speed limit established under this subchapter.

My questions are,

1) What kind of device did they actually "clock", "pace", ect me with?
2) What is equipment (001) as this officer wrote on my ticket?
3) Does 3368A cover this?

§ 3368. Speed timing devices.
(a) Speedometers authorized.--The rate of speed of any vehicle may be timed on any highway by a police officer using a motor vehicle equipped with a speedometer. In ascertaining the speed of a vehicle by the use of a speedometer, the speed shall be timed for a distance of not less than three-tenths of a mile.

Some background. It was a mass speed trap. The cop who pulled me over said he was sitting waiting for the other cop who was using the radar/ or whatever other device they were using, to pull me over. When I got pulled over, there was already 2 other cars pulled over, and another got pulled over right behind me. If it comes down to it, I would pay the fine, because I know I was speeding, but not as fast as what they say I was. I am more worried about the points. Thanks for any help you have... this has been bothering me since it happened. Thank you!


How to Determine How a Police Officer Measured Your Speed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire