My question involves personal property located in the State of: Kansas
I received a gift towards the purchase of real estate. My family member bought the piece of Real Estate and gifted me half the total amount and I was expected to repay the other half with interest. After a few years we were not able to keep up with the maintenance and the payments. a year ago I alerted the lawyer overseeing things that we were going to move out of the property. I haven't heard anything from the attorney, but the property was sold 5 months later. There was never foreclosure proceedings of any kind even though it was threatened because we were a few months late on payments.
My question is, am I still legally entitled to the gift?
I received a gift towards the purchase of real estate. My family member bought the piece of Real Estate and gifted me half the total amount and I was expected to repay the other half with interest. After a few years we were not able to keep up with the maintenance and the payments. a year ago I alerted the lawyer overseeing things that we were going to move out of the property. I haven't heard anything from the attorney, but the property was sold 5 months later. There was never foreclosure proceedings of any kind even though it was threatened because we were a few months late on payments.
My question is, am I still legally entitled to the gift?
Gifts: Can I Get the Gift Back
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire