My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Virginia
Are text messages from my ex in the context of arguing/angry texts admissible in court? My ex has a tendency to have a bad temper and we have a history of having escalating arguments over texts. My question is whether these text messages would have any validity in the eyes of the court or simply taken as hearsay?
An example of one such text is if someone says "I will teach him my values. For example if his dad is late without notice or apology I will tell him that is not right, and he should not be like his dad." My stance is this quote shows a willingness to allow anger towards me will ultimately put my son in the middle of his parents' argument. Not only that, it goes against the standard no badmouthing the other parent clause of the divorce decree. I took a screenshot of the full text exchange just in case and have changed my stance to simply ignore her texts unless they explicitly are about him as arguing with her is just a waste of time.
Are text messages from my ex in the context of arguing/angry texts admissible in court? My ex has a tendency to have a bad temper and we have a history of having escalating arguments over texts. My question is whether these text messages would have any validity in the eyes of the court or simply taken as hearsay?
An example of one such text is if someone says "I will teach him my values. For example if his dad is late without notice or apology I will tell him that is not right, and he should not be like his dad." My stance is this quote shows a willingness to allow anger towards me will ultimately put my son in the middle of his parents' argument. Not only that, it goes against the standard no badmouthing the other parent clause of the divorce decree. I took a screenshot of the full text exchange just in case and have changed my stance to simply ignore her texts unless they explicitly are about him as arguing with her is just a waste of time.
Custody and Visitation Issues: Are Text Messages Admissible in Custody Court
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire