mercredi 2 mars 2016

Access to Court Rulings

Hello!

I am new to this forum. Main reason for joining here is my inaptitude to find a ruling I am asked to analyze.

What I am looking for is legal proceedings of Hyatt Regency walkway collapse in Missouri in 1981. I have tried to look up different rulings (e.g. Firestone v. Crown Center) of Jackson Country Circuit Court with regard to this matter but to no avail. Seems like they are not made publicly available.

Basically what I wish to establish is why the OWNER was liable for the consequences of the collapse? I am sure the legal grounds and Court's/Plaintiff's motivation for such claim against the Owner of the hotel can be found in the textual format of the ruling.

My question is this - is there a way of gaining access to such documents on the Internet? If so, where should I look?

This is really frustrating because I have spent 5 hours trying to find them. Seems like all information about this collapse circles around the responsibility of the engineers, but the reasons for why the owner had settled for such huge amounts is never analyzed..as if it is obvious. And no legal basis for such liability is provided in any of the NY Times articles or any other sources.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have to finish my paper on this until Friday this week. Thanks!

p.s. I am a Law student from Latvia so I am not quite familiar with the legal workings in the U.S.


Access to Court Rulings

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire