dimanche 21 février 2016

Divorce: Putting Security Cameras Inside Your Home

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Virginia

My spouse and I are separating but still living together at the moment. The house is mine from before the marriage and he can't get a mortgage so he knows that I will end up with it. He is working on finding a new place to live (he has a child) and we are both trying to work together to separate things financially. I am trying to not have to file for a contested divorce because I can't afford an attorney. So the goal is to sort it out ourselves and write up an agreement. An attorney told me that if something were filed for a contested divorce, in the temporary order before the divorce a judge would likely give my husband probably 45 or 60 days to vacate the house instead of the usual 30 since he has a child. Really trying to avoid that though because financially it works out better for both of us if I don't, and I don't want his child to experience any more instability than necessary.

In the meantime while we sort things out he's still here. He told me today that he's going to purchase security cameras and install them inside our home because he believes the only way I could get an order that he be out in 60 days is if I claimed he was violent. He thinks otherwise a judge would let him live here until the divorce was finalized, perhaps a year or more. And that he could drag it out for longer and live here the whole time. So he wants to set cameras up in the house so I wouldn't be able to "lie on him."

Do I not have a reasonable right to privacy in my own home? Can he legally do this? I have no intention of lying about anything. But I still don't like the idea of a camera pointed at me in my living room watching my every move. What can I do?


Divorce: Putting Security Cameras Inside Your Home

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire