My question involves defamation in the state of: California
I've been living here and paying rent to the roommate's mother, who is the land lady.
My roommate had a drunken fit, dropped a few f-bombs and now plays and blasts music so loud my ears hurt (and have one damaged eardrum as a result of the extremely loud music)
What he took offense to was something stupid. At first the land lady seemed to be on my side.
Today was the final straw apparently. Was taking my shower in the afternoon and the way the house is setup is so that I had to walk past my roommate. He won't move and there is very little room. So I wait and when it's clear he won't move, I attempt to make myself small and move around him.
He turns around just as I pass him and shoved his chest against me. I inform his mother who seems to now be taking her son's side on things.
I have not broken any lease agreements and rent is paid to the land lady. I have paid all my rent on time. Unfortunately this is the cheapest rent I could find at the moment. Parents are moving and I doubt friends would be willing to rent.
I'm a 24 year old responsible, working 5/7 days a week male) and he's a not working middle aged male also. There is also one other roommate (male) who I get along with just fine.
The land lady never informed me that her son had this problem, and apparently, he gets to choose who stays and who goes through this behavior. I don't know if it could be a test to see how much I can put up of him or if it's something else.
Land lady has now accused me of threatening her and I haven't even said anything of the sort. I'm always polite and keep a calm (though somewhat irritated voice) when I tell her about her son's behavior.
I do plan on moving out ASAP but right now, I don't know where to go. I could probably ask to stay at friends and family for a short time, but I haven't done anything in the wrong. I will also double check the lease to see if there is anything on disturbing the peace.
He only does this on my days off. Or at least, that seems to be the pattern. I do have work schedule that my employer seems to have fixed days for me, so it's really not that hard for him to guess when I'll be home.
I do have recording of him pushing into me. But CA is iffy on recording laws. I won't press charges yet, because I need to figure out where I'll move before I alienate the land lady for good.
Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. If possible, could a moderator please put this in the right place and let me know where it will be?
I've been living here and paying rent to the roommate's mother, who is the land lady.
My roommate had a drunken fit, dropped a few f-bombs and now plays and blasts music so loud my ears hurt (and have one damaged eardrum as a result of the extremely loud music)
What he took offense to was something stupid. At first the land lady seemed to be on my side.
Today was the final straw apparently. Was taking my shower in the afternoon and the way the house is setup is so that I had to walk past my roommate. He won't move and there is very little room. So I wait and when it's clear he won't move, I attempt to make myself small and move around him.
He turns around just as I pass him and shoved his chest against me. I inform his mother who seems to now be taking her son's side on things.
I have not broken any lease agreements and rent is paid to the land lady. I have paid all my rent on time. Unfortunately this is the cheapest rent I could find at the moment. Parents are moving and I doubt friends would be willing to rent.
I'm a 24 year old responsible, working 5/7 days a week male) and he's a not working middle aged male also. There is also one other roommate (male) who I get along with just fine.
The land lady never informed me that her son had this problem, and apparently, he gets to choose who stays and who goes through this behavior. I don't know if it could be a test to see how much I can put up of him or if it's something else.
Land lady has now accused me of threatening her and I haven't even said anything of the sort. I'm always polite and keep a calm (though somewhat irritated voice) when I tell her about her son's behavior.
I do plan on moving out ASAP but right now, I don't know where to go. I could probably ask to stay at friends and family for a short time, but I haven't done anything in the wrong. I will also double check the lease to see if there is anything on disturbing the peace.
He only does this on my days off. Or at least, that seems to be the pattern. I do have work schedule that my employer seems to have fixed days for me, so it's really not that hard for him to guess when I'll be home.
I do have recording of him pushing into me. But CA is iffy on recording laws. I won't press charges yet, because I need to figure out where I'll move before I alienate the land lady for good.
Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. If possible, could a moderator please put this in the right place and let me know where it will be?
Roommates: What Can You Do About a Physically Aggressive Roommate
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire