My question involves criminal law for the state of: OHIO
Okay so I was picked up on a speeding violation, pulled me over discovered I was driving on an expired license. The officer writes me a ticket and says you don't have to appear in court, you CAN appear in court if you get your license by then and they might drop the charges on the expired license. Hands me a ticket, the box clearly checked NO on appear in court.
So my fines were due Monday, I sent them in Friday.
I get a call at 8:36 am on Monday from a strange number, I didn't answer, I normally don't answer strange numbers. I check my voicemail about an hour ago and theres a message from the 8:36 am call I received yesterday that says, "We got your payment, you need to appear in court today, the judge wants to see you, please call us back yadda yadda..." So we go on their website and check and sure enough I have an FTA warrant.
First off, both the police officer and the ticket that I have a copy of is marked NO on the appear in court.
Second, I got nothing in the mail, no prior phone calls to this one at 8:36 am telling me I need to be in court at 9:00 am.
I'm seriously confused and lost as to why I have a warrant, but I have no idea what steps to take next. I surely want to avoid going to jail for a speeding ticket. What should I do?
Okay so I was picked up on a speeding violation, pulled me over discovered I was driving on an expired license. The officer writes me a ticket and says you don't have to appear in court, you CAN appear in court if you get your license by then and they might drop the charges on the expired license. Hands me a ticket, the box clearly checked NO on appear in court.
So my fines were due Monday, I sent them in Friday.
I get a call at 8:36 am on Monday from a strange number, I didn't answer, I normally don't answer strange numbers. I check my voicemail about an hour ago and theres a message from the 8:36 am call I received yesterday that says, "We got your payment, you need to appear in court today, the judge wants to see you, please call us back yadda yadda..." So we go on their website and check and sure enough I have an FTA warrant.
First off, both the police officer and the ticket that I have a copy of is marked NO on the appear in court.
Second, I got nothing in the mail, no prior phone calls to this one at 8:36 am telling me I need to be in court at 9:00 am.
I'm seriously confused and lost as to why I have a warrant, but I have no idea what steps to take next. I surely want to avoid going to jail for a speeding ticket. What should I do?
Other Offenses: Fta Warrant. Cop and Ticket Both Said You Don't Have to Appear
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire