mardi 18 octobre 2016

Medical Malpractice: Do I (on Behalf of My Daughter) Have Grounds to File a Complaint

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Texas
When we woke up on Wednesday morning my daughter had puffy eyes. I thought it was just allergies. Well Thursday night she started vomiting and was VERY fatigued and somewhat lethargic. I brought her to our local emergency room. They quickly diagnosed her with a UTI and put her a antibiotic and told me they would call if anything else came of the culture. Well by Sunday she was no better, she was actually getting worse. She woke up in the middle of the night crying that her arms and legs hurt. I brought her up to another emergency room. The doctor came in and said "So why are you here?". My daughter on the bed curled up in a ball asleep. She pulled the blanket off and rudely asked her "Whats wrong with you?". We told her my daughter's symptoms and the previous diagnosis of a UTI. She told me "I have to tell moms and grandmas all the time, you have to give the medicine time to work!" I then expressed my worry about her symptoms and her not improving since she had been on antibiotics a few days. I specifically asked if it could be her kidneys and she told me no. She then did a blood test because I asked her to.. although she complained that blood test will not tell her anything. The nurse kept taking her blood pressure because it was a little high, but she said she thought it was because she was moving. She put her on another antibiotic and told me to send her to school the next day. I brought my daughter to school but was very concerned. I even went in and asked the nurse to keep an eye on her. When she got home that afternoon her face was still swollen and now her feet were swollen as well. I brought her up to the emergency again and as soon as they took her blood pressure they immediately got her back. Her blood pressure was VERY high and they had to give her an immediate medicine that was quickly lower it. They took her blood and about an hour later they admitted her for kidney failure.

It seems to me that these doctors were negligent and if I was not persistent it could have been much worse. My question is should I file a complaint or do something? I do not want this to happen to someone else.


Medical Malpractice: Do I (on Behalf of My Daughter) Have Grounds to File a Complaint

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire